How does the wisest man in the Old Testament allow his wisdom to degenerate into such foolishness and come to spend most of his life acting like a fool? God granted him “a wise and discerning heart, so that there has been no one like you before you, nor shall one like you arise after you.” 1 Kings 3:12 -Dr Ken Boa, The Wisdom of Ecclesiastes
We need to rethink our walk with God and how not to find meaning to all of life so we can avoid the same error made by King Solomon and finish well.
- Talk 1: The Journey of Life in Today’s World
- Talk 2: Solomon – A Teacher of Wisdom: His Life, His Reign, His Wisdom
- Talk 3: Is There Any Meaning In Life Today? If so, how not to make sense of it and finish well.
Rev Dr Kenneth Boa is engaged in a ministry of relational evangelism and discipleship, teaching, writing and speaking. He is the president of Reflections Ministries, an organization that seeks to encourage, teach and equip people to know Christ, follow Him, become progressively conformed to His image and reproduce His life in others.
Ken was the Plenary Speaker at the 1st Asia Pacific Consultation On Discipleship in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia in 2001 (APCOD 2001) and 3rd APCOD in Auckland, New Zealand in 2006 (APCOD 2006).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- How to develop a ‘Biblical Roadmap of Wisdom’ to live well and finish well.
- What does Godly contentment look like and how to develop skills of training oneself in the wisdom of God.
- Realizing you can change your path of life by discerning what is right and approved by God.
- How to live under the Lordship of Christ and turn away from the images of the world that pollute our mind and deceive our hearts.
- What does ‘The Meaning of Life’ really mean today and how to make sense of it.
The Centrality of Christ- by Rev Dr Kenneth Boa, President, Reflections Ministries, USA at the 3rd Asia Pacific Consultation On Discipleship in 2006 (APCOD 2006) Auckland, New Zealand.
The Centrality of Christ: Living Every Component of Life under the Lordship of Christ. WISDOM NUGGETS:
- Biblical wisdom is the application of Truth in the Realities of Life so that it gives us the ability and power to choose the best means, at the best time, to accomplish the best ends. God gives wisdom to wise men and knowledge to men of understanding.
- Wisdom is the key to a life of beauty, fulfilment and purpose.
- True wisdom is gained by the fear of God, the foundation of wisdom.
- Cultivating a ‘Heart of Wisdom’ is to have only 2 days in your calendar – Today and That Day, when you stand before Christ.
Windows of Heaven by Ken Boa. A “spiritual symphony” of the heavens with thought-provoking Scripture, music by J.S. Bach and performed by Virgil Fox.
“But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!” 2 Chronicles 6:18; Solomon’s Prayer of Dedication